MARCH 2020 SALES STATS WHITBY
Monday, April 13, 2020
Between March 1 – 31, 2020: Average Price = $724,786
1) # of Homes Sold 213
2) # of New Listings for this period 342
3) # of Homes Sold for Asking Price or Higher 142
4) Sales-to-New Listings Ratio (SNLR) 62.28%
Between March 1 – 15, 2020
1) # of Homes Sold 121
2) # of New Listings for this period 190
3) # of Homes Sold for Asking Price of Higher 83
4) Sales-to-New Listings Ratio (SNLR) 63.68%
Between March 16 – 31, 2020
1) # of Homes Sold 92
2) # of New Listings for this period 152
3) # of Homes Sold for Asking Price or Higher 59
4) Sales-to-New Listings Ratio (SNLR) 60.52%
You can now see the trend after seeing the stats for Pickering, Ajax and now Whitby.
The first two weeks of March posted much higher sales (+23.96%) as well as the
number of new listings coming onto the MLS (+20%) than the last two weeks of the
Although not as high as Ajax, the number of homes selling for at least the asking price
and higher was nevertheless very impressive. For the month 66.66% of the homes
sold for over asking, with 68.59% in the first half and 64.13% in the second half of the
The market was poised to break records before COVID-19 wreaked havoc with the
market. When looking at March 2019, the average price of a home in Whitby was
$656,606. The SNLR was 48.7%, which is much lower than the SNLR of 62.28% last month. But look at the number of listings on the market as of March 31, 2019 (314) vs. March 31, 2020 (190). That’s a huge difference in the number of homes for sale and a major reason why the Average Sales Price to List Price ratio was a whopping 103% last month vs. 99% in March 2019.
Tomorrow, we’ll take a look at the March 2020 sales stats for Oshawa.
We would like to hear from you! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always looking forward to hearing from you! We will do our best to reply to you within 24 hours !