MARCH 2020 SALES STATS AJAX
Wednesday, April 15, 2020
Between March 1 – 31, 2020: Average Price = $733,303
1) # of Homes Sold 169
2) # of New Listings for this period 267
3) # of Homes Sold for Asking Price or Higher 141
4) Sales-to-New Listings Ratio (SNLR) 63.29%
Between March 1 – 15, 2020
1) # of Homes Sold 96
2) # of New Listings for this period 144
3) # of Homes Sold for Asking Price of Higher 79
4) Sales-to-New Listings Ratio (SNLR) 66.66%
Between March 16 – 31, 2020
1) # of Homes Sold 73
2) # of New Listings for this period 123
3) # of Homes Sold for Asking Price or Higher 62
4) Sales-to-New Listings Ratio (SNLR) 59.34%
Similar to Pickering, the market was much stronger in the first two weeks of March vs. the last two weeks.
What really stands out though, is that Ajax was the hottest area in Durham Region for the month of March. Ajax’s average price of $733,303 was higher than Pickering ($718,413) and was just below Uxbridge’s $753,008. However, what really stands out is the # of Homes Sold for Asking Price or higher. For the whole month, it accounted for 83.43% of the 169 homes sold. Compare that to Pickering’s 65.95% of its 141 sales which sold for the asking price or more. Furthermore, between March 1 st – 15 th , 82.29% of Ajax sales went for 100% and up. And for the last couple weeks of March, 84.93% of the homes sold were for over asking.
The market may have been in decline over the course of the month, but in Ajax, the good, well-priced homes were not only selling, but drawing multiple offers and consequently, selling for 104% of the list price!
On Monday, I’ll post Whitby’s March 2020 sales stats.
We would like to hear from you! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always looking forward to hearing from you! We will do our best to reply to you within 24 hours !